If you like roasted carrots, then you will love the Ina Garten roasted carrots recipe. Roasted Carrots are delicious and easy to make, and that taste like ina garten’s dish! Carrots, olive oil, spices, and honey make delicate, caramelized carrots that are sweet, flavorful, and irresistible.
An easy weekday side dish, this takes 30 minutes to prep and cook. To make these roasted carrots to your liking, read on for the entire recipe, suggestions, and ideas.
What is Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots?
Famous American chef and Food Network personality Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots are delicious and popular. Garten is recognized for her easy, flavorful meals using fresh ingredients.
Garten’s 2006 book Barefoot Contessa at Home includes the Roasted Carrots dish. It turned carrots into a wonderful side dish and was a reader favorite due to its simplicity.
The recipe only requires olive oil, honey, thyme, parsley, and fresh carrots. Garten roasts carrots at high heat to caramelize their sugars and enhance their flavor. The recipe can be modified with different herbs, spices, citrus, etc.
Home cooks have relied on Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots recipe for years. It also appears frequently on her Food Network show. This recipe shows Garten’s ability to make simple ingredients shine.
The roasted carrots’ sweet, salty, and caramelized flavors are excellent. It’s no wonder this carrot-cooking recipe is still popular.
How to make Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots?
Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots smells bring back memories and unite our family. This classic recipe’s excellent blend of ingredients makes it a family favorite.
I first had Thanksgiving’s delicious Roasted Carrots from Ina Garten. A talented cook, my grandma prepared this masterpiece with turkey and all the fixings. The carrots’ bright colors, caramelized edges, and inviting scent instantly caught my eye. It is only one bite to see why this recipe was passed down.
We enjoy the story behind these roasted carrots as much as they taste. My great-grandmother, an Ina Garten fan, found this recipe in her cookbook decades ago. Every family gathering has liked it since she cooked it.
Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots succeed due to their simplicity and quality ingredients. Fresh, vibrant carrots, extra-virgin olive oil, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper are all you need. The wonderfully roasted carrots are sweet and savory. This easy method complements our family’s preference for time together over-elaborate cooking.
Delicious carrots remind us of family feasts. From holiday gatherings to birthday parties to Sunday dinners, Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots have been a family staple.
This meal works with even the youngest members of our growing family. Recently, my cousin’s finicky toddler sampled roasted carrots at a party. We loved seeing her eyes light up and join the applause. It demonstrated how one meal might last decades and please the pickiest eaters.
Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds carrots about 16 medium, peeled and cut into 3-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the carrots
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Wash and peel the carrots, trimming off any ends or imperfections. Cut the carrots into roughly 3-inch chunks (they can be somewhat uneven in shape/size).
Step 2: Toss the carrots with oil, honey, and seasonings
- In a large bowl, drizzle the carrots with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 1-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup. I recommend starting with 1 tablespoon of honey first. Then season with 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of kosher salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme), and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Toss everything together, massaging the oil and seasonings into the carrots, until they are thoroughly and evenly coated.
Step 3: Roast the carrots
- Spread the coated carrots in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Try to avoid overcrowding. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and flip/rotate the carrots. Return to oven and continue roasting for another 15-20 minutes, until carrots are lightly browned on the edges and fork tender.
Step 4: Finish and serve
- Once carrots are fork tender and starting to caramelize on the edges, remove pan from oven. Give carrots a final toss, taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Transfer Ina Garten's Roasted Carrots to a serving dish and serve warm. Enjoy!
Why You’ll Love Homemade Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots Recipe:
These oven-roasted carrots are simple to make, customizable, and so incredibly delicious! Here’s why they make such a fabulous side:
- Caramelized edges – the high heat helps brown and caramelize the exterior
- Tender and sweet – roasting coaxes out the natural sweetness
- Herb and honey flavor – thyme, parsley, and a touch of honey add flavor complexity
- Easy to make – quick prep and you just pop in the oven
- Versatile – works with endless herb and spice combinations
- Healthy side dish – carrots are nutritious and satisfying
- Kid-friendly recipe – mild flavor appeals to young palates
Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots Variations Ideas
- Play around with different herbs like rosemary, sage or garlic
- Add spices like cumin, curry powder, coriander, or chili powder
- Use maple syrup instead of honey for a different flavor
- Toss in diced shallots or onions
- Finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- Garnish with chopped pistachios or pumpkin seeds
- Roast carrots and parsnips together
- Substitute olive oil for melted butter or coconut oil
Cooking Tips for Perfect Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots:
- Cut carrots to a uniform size so they cook evenly
- Don’t overcrowd the pan – leave space between pieces
- Use a rimmed baking sheet for easy flipping
- Roast at a high temp (425°F) to get caramelized edges
- Flip/rotate halfway through roasting for even cooking
- Adjust roasting time as needed based on carrot thickness
- Roast until fork tender and starting to caramelize on edges
I hope you’ll give these homemade Ina Garten roasted carrots a try soon – they go with everything from weeknight dinners to holiday meals. The recipe easily doubles too if you need a larger batch for a crowd. Enjoy!
FAQs About Ina Garten’s Roasted Carrots:
Q: How long do you roast carrots in the oven?
A: 30-35 minutes total – 15 minutes, flip, then 15-20 more minutes.
Q: What temperature do you roast carrots at?
Q: What is the difference between roasted and glazed carrots?
A: Roasted relies on dry heat to caramelize; glazed is braised in liquid.
Q: What other vegetables can be roasted with carrots?
A: Parsnips, sweet potato, potato, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, etc.