Today, I’m going to share with you my mouthwatering Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste recipe.
This versatile paste is bursting with vibrant flavors and can be used as a marinade, sauce, or dip to elevate your Tex-Mex dishes.
Discover the delicious flavors of Tex Mex cuisine with Hello Fresh’s homemade Tex Mex paste recipe.
Packed with aromatic spices, roasted garlic, and a touch of chipotle, this versatile paste adds depth to your favorite dishes.
Learn how to make it, find vegan and vegetarian options, and explore creative ways to use it in our blog post
In just 30 minutes, you’ll have a delicious and aromatic Tex Mex Paste that exactly tastes like Tex Mex Paste. So, let’s get started!
Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste Recipe
Ingredients Need for Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium-sized white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chili paste
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
How to Make Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste
Heat a large skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the ground coriander, dried oregano, chili powder, paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Toast the spices for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant.
Add the diced white onion to the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent and slightly caramelized.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine the roasted garlic, tomato paste, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, fire-roasted tomatoes, rice wine vinegar, garlic chili paste, cocoa powder, and sugar. Blend until smooth and well combined.
Pour the tomato mixture into the skillet with the sautéed onions and spices. Stir well to combine, and let the mixture simmer for 10-15 minutes over low heat, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Taste the Tex Mex paste and adjust the seasoning if necessary. You can add more salt, chili powder, or other spices according to your preference.
Once the paste has thickened and developed a rich aroma, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
Transfer the Tex Mex paste to a sterilized jar or airtight container. Allow it to cool completely before sealing it. The paste can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, but trust me, it won’t last that long!
Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste Variations and Substitutes
- For a smokier flavor, you can add a teaspoon of liquid smoke to the tomato mixture.
- If you prefer a milder spice level, reduce the amount of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or omit them entirely.
- Feel free to experiment with other herbs and spices like smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, or even a dash of cinnamon to create your own unique twist on the Tex Mex paste.
What Does Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste Taste Like?
The Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste is a harmonious blend of earthy spices, smoky chipotle peppers, and tangy tomatoes. It has a delightful kick of heat, balanced with subtle sweetness and a hint of cocoa. This paste will add depth and complexity to any Tex-Mex dish, transforming ordinary recipes into extraordinary ones.
How do I use Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste in other recipes?
Here are some ideas on how to use Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste in your recipes:
- Tacos and Burritos: Spread a dollop of Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste on tortillas as a base for your tacos or burritos. It adds a punch of flavor and enhances the overall taste of the dish. Pair it with grilled vegetables, beans, or your favorite protein for a satisfying Tex Mex feast.
- Marinade for Meats: Use Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste as a marinade for chicken, beef, or shrimp. Simply coat your protein of choice with the paste and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, or even overnight, to infuse the flavors. Grill, bake or sauté the marinated meat for a mouthwatering Tex Mex twist.
- Enchiladas and Casseroles: Incorporate the Tex Mex Paste into your enchilada sauce or casserole recipes. Mix it with tomato sauce, broth, or sour cream to create a flavorful sauce that will coat your enchiladas or casserole ingredients. Bake until bubbly and golden for a satisfying Tex-Mex-inspired dish.
- Tex Mex Rice: Stir a spoonful of Tex Mex Paste into your cooked rice for a delicious side dish. The paste will infuse the rice with its savory flavors, making it a perfect accompaniment to any Tex Mex meal.
- Dips and Spreads: Create a zesty dip or spread by combining the Tex-Mex Paste with sour cream, Greek yogurt, or cream cheese. It’s great for dipping tortilla chips, and veggies, or spread on sandwiches and wraps.
FAQs about Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste
Can I make the paste milder or spicier?
Yes, you have full control over the spice level. Adjust the amount of chili powder and chipotle peppers to suit your taste buds. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find your perfect balance of heat and flavor.
Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians or vegans?
Yes, This Tex Mex paste is vegan-friendly and packed with plant-based goodness. It adds a burst of flavor to vegetarian and vegan Tex-Mex dishes, making them absolutely irresistible.
Helpful Information – Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste
What are the substitutions for the ingredients that I don’t have?
- If you don’t have some of the spices listed, you can try substituting with a Tex Mex seasoning blend, which is readily available in most grocery stores.
- If you don’t have chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, you can use chipotle powder or chipotle hot sauce as a substitute. Adjust the quantity according to your taste preference, as chipotle powder tends to be spicier.
- In place of fire-roasted tomatoes, you can use diced canned tomatoes or regular canned tomatoes, though the fire-roasted variety adds a smoky flavor.
- Garlic chili paste can be substituted with a combination of minced garlic and your favorite chili sauce.
How long does Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste last?
When stored properly in an airtight container or sterilized jar, this paste can last in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. However, as it is homemade and doesn’t contain preservatives, it’s best to use it within a week for optimal flavor and freshness.